The school council is an elected group of pupils from years 3-6. Elections take place every September for new members of the school council. Councilors are appointed for the roles of Chair, Vice Chair and Secretary.
The council meets every three weeks to discuss ways to improve the school, this includes ideas about how learning can be improved, the physical appearance of the school and ways to achieve the School Improvement Plan. School Council meetings are followed up by Class Council meetings where representatives are able to establish the views and opinions of their peers through leading debates alongside their class teacher.
The school council also decides on what charities we will support every year. This includes local and national charities.
In previous years the school council have helped design our new playground, raised money for Children in Need, Red Nose Day, SUFRA, Books for Africa and much more!
Responsibilities of the elected members are:
- To be positive role models in all areas of the school by being Ready, Safe and Kind.
- To share their thoughts openly and honestly whilst being respectful.
- To feedback to their class whatever is discussed in the meeting.
- To bring the ideas of their classmates to meetings
- To help make positive changes to our school.
Following our class elections, our elected school councilors for this year are: